- Upcoming Events:
- September Workshop – Double Wedding Ring Part Two. This is a continuation of the August workshop and is open to those who participated in August. Bring the usual sewing supplies and sewing machine. Bring back your finished footballs (or what you have done) and your Wedding Ring kit (bag of pieces).
- September Program – Demonstration on the various ways half-square triangles can be made.
- President’s Challenge for 2017: Continue to work on the charity quilts that will be donated to local police departments to be given to children in crisis. Bring any charity tops that have been completed. We have folks who can quilt them. It would be great to have quilts brought in periodically instead of having tons of unquilted tops at the end of the year. Remember: “Finished is better than perfect.”
- Block of the Month resumes in September with the Pineapple Block.
- Sit and Sew: Joanna will host a sit and sew on Tuesday, Sept. 12 from 10 -2. Directions to Joanna’s home: 8010 Orchard Hill Rd. Phone: 706 575 3229 (ok to text) Midland GA 31802. Take Manchester to County Line Road and turn right. Then an immediate right on Mahaffey Rd. (becomes Garrett Rd). Then at the Garrett Creek Subdivision, turn left on Garrett Creek Drive. The second right is Orchard Hill Drive.
- August winners: Mary Randall – Name Tag – Hexie Papers; Linda J Hayes – Name Tag – Quilting Magazine; Sunny Pedigo – Tool of the Month – Hand Dyed fabric from Cindy Reinke; Agnus Grimes – Tool of the Month – Seam Ripper; Linnea Grosse – Tool of the Month – Hand Dyed Fat Quarter; Alana Losonsky – Tool of the Month – Lanyard; Martha Ragan – Tool of the Month – Clear Fabric Grabbers.
- Quilts are needed for the library. If you can bring one small quilt or medium quilt, please bring to any meeting for Linda Walker and she will take them to be hung.
- A Big Welcome Back to some of our members who have returned to the Guild. We have missed you and are glad you are back.