Gala Quilt Guild 2023
UFO monthly Challenge
This year you are being challenged to finish some of your UFO’s.
What is a UFO?
- Any quilt related project or kit that you have started or
have in your possession by March 2022.
- These are YOUR projects, not things that you are making
for others for pay.
- A quilt must at least need a binding and a label to be
considered a UFO.
Do I have to make an entire quilt in one month?
- No, if it’s a large project, it can be broken down into segments, one for each month.
- If you are hand quilting a quilt yourself – break it down into doable parts. Show in the
details on your list how much you plan to do each month.
- Choose projects that have been started (but unfinished) or projects that need to be
- The idea is to have some fun, keep the rules simple, and hopefully at the end of the year
have fewer UFO’s.
So, what do you need to do?
- Sign up by the February meeting by
o Completing the list of the 6 projects that you are planning to work on (be sure to
make a copy for yourself).
o Turn in your list to Juanita Christian along with 2 FAT QUARTERS entry fee.
o Each person who signs up will be entered into a drawing for the fat quarters.
- At the business meetings in March, April, May, September, October, and November,
during Show and Tell, show what you have finished from your list that month.
- If you do not complete what is detailed on your list, you will owe ONE FAT QUARTER –
give to Juanita.
- If you do finish what is detailed on your list, your name will be entered into the drawing
which will occur at the end of the Challenge in December.
- If you are not at the meeting for Show and Tell, you owe a fat quarter – UNLESS you
send it by text to Juanita, email a completed picture to Juanita, or you have a friend
bring in your completed project.
- At the December meeting, a winner will be drawn to receive ALL OF THE FAT
QUARTERS THAT HAVE BEEN COLLECTED!