- Upcoming Events:
- Ft Mitchell History Day will be on Saturday, April 21, 2018. Linda Walker, Linda Hayes, and Carol Bradshaw will be talking further about the quilting demonstrations and quilt show to be held in conjunction. There will be two categories of quilts to be displayed: New quilts that are less than five years old and Antique quilts that are 50+ years. There is a proposal to hold our meeting at Ft Mitchell that day. Quilts can be dropped off at Sew Much Fun, Sunday Best, Stitch Therapy or Naomi Elliott in the Phenix City Tag Office. New quilts will be judged. Please see attachments for rules as well as the entry form. Remember that you can drop off quilts for the Pioneer Day Quilt Show at Ft. Mitchell at either the February meeting, the trunk show on March 16, or at the workshop on Saturday, March 17.
- February Program will be on Leaders and Enders and presented by Linda Hayes.
- February Workshop will be on the President’s Challenge (see below). You will need two fat quarter size scraps. Also, bring sewing machine and regular sewing supplies as well as fabric scissors.
- Twenty-nine members were present at the January meeting with three guests. Seven members participated in the workshop making microwave bowls and foot pedal mats. The program was presented on the new Guild website and the quilt police.
- Kathryn Sheppard will serve as assistant treasurer and Carmen Fuentes will serve as assistant secretary.
- Block of the Month was won by Pam Brandt. Tool of the Month was won by Juanita Christian and Nametag prize was won by Linda J. Hayes.
- Nancy Mahoney will be with the Guild in March. There will be a trunk show at beginning at 6:00 pm for Finger Foods (Salty/Sweet) with the Lecture/Trunk Show starting at 7:00 PM. Nancy will be talking about Mastering Color for Traditional Quilts. The Workshop on Saturday will begin at 9:00 AM for machine set up and the Workshop will start at 9:30. There will be a lunch break at noon and the workshop will resume at 12:45 until 3:45. Lunch will be provided by the Guild with the following choices: Chicken Salad, Tuna Salad, or Roast Beef Sandwich. Sides will be Broccoli Salad and Fruit. You will need to indicate your choice at the February meeting. If you intend to attend either or both functions, please sign up and pay at the February meeting.
- Guild Members are asked to begin saving 2 ½ inch squares for a game in 2018. More information later. This will be used for a Bingo game. There will be a workshop in the future on making your own Bingo card.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Quilts are needed for the library. If you can bring one small quilt or medium quilt, please bring to any meeting for Linda Walker and she will take them to be hung.
- Dues of $25 were due at the January meeting. Please plan to renew your dues in February. Membership forms will be available as well.
- President’s Challenge will be to make soft dolls or animals as well as a doll-sized quilt to be given to boys and girls from one to six years old. Quilts should be 24×24. You may use a pattern of your choice or there will be patterns available for you to use.
- There will be a discussion in February in regards to changing the workshop and/or meeting hours.