Don’t forget that our April meeting will be at the Pioneer Day at Ft. Mitchell. There won’t be a formal meeting.
APRIL 2018 NEWSLETTER
- Upcoming Events:
- There is an opportunity to have Southern Stitches in Thomaston, GA, to present a workshop on making a Spicy Spiral Tablerunner. Cost will be $25 and will include a ruler and the pattern. The pattern uses eight fat quarters. We need a minimum of ten people to make the workshop possible. There is a sign up sheet. See Mary Johnson for information or to sign up.
- May’s workshop will be a sit and sew. Plan to bring a project you are currently working on or want to start and enjoy everyone’s company. May’s program is tentatively to be presented by Lain Stowe about her upcoming opening of a Retreat Center.
- Ft Mitchell History Day will be on Saturday, April 21, 2018. There will be two categories of quilts to be displayed: New quilts that are less than five years old and Antique quilts that are 50+ years. Our meeting will be replaced by the Quilt Show.
- Because of the workshop and trunk show with Nancy Mahoney, all winners for Block of the Month, Tool of the Month, and Nametag Drawings were not held.
- Everyone who participated in the Trunk Show and Workshop taught by Nancy Mahoney had a great time. We learned quite a lot about color and the use of color in quilts. There will be lots of show and tell quilts from the workshop.
- Guild Members are asked to begin saving 2 ½ inch squares for a game in 2018. More information later. This will be used in a Bingo game. There will be a workshop in the future on making your own Bingo card.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Quilts are needed for the library. If you can bring one small quilt or medium quilt, please bring to any meeting for Linda Walker and she will take them to be hung.
- Dues of $25 were due at the January meeting. Please plan to renew your dues ASAP. Membership forms will be available as well.
- President’s Challenge will be to make soft dolls or animals as well as a doll-sized quilt to be given to boys and girls from one to six years old. Quilts should be 24×24. You may use a pattern of your choice or there will be patterns available for you to use.