- Upcoming Events:
- December’s meeting will be our annual social covered dish lunch. Meal will begin at 12:00 noon with show and tell. We will be taking up a love offering for Alvin Bass, Trinity’s Custodian, who cleans and straightens the Fellowship Hall after our meetings and workshops. Fellowship Hall will open at 11:30 AM. Please help with clean up after.
- There is a new sit and sew opportunity at the PC-Russell County library from 10-4 each Tuesday. Bring your own projects. There are five machines available to be used. Lunch is on your own. Vickie Gillespie leads a beginning quilting class beginning at 5 PM at the library as well.
- Winners November’s meeting: Alana Losonsky won the block of the month squares. Rebecca Chester won 2-inch squares in the name tag drawing and Mary Johnson won the same in the tool of the month drawing.
o Membership dues for 2019 will be taken in December. The membership form will be attached to the newsletter. Membership dues are $25.
o January Workshop – “Present” Quilt. January Program – Lemoyne Star Ruler
o February Workshop – Standing Tool Caddy.
o March Workshop – Project Tote – Signup will be required
- VERY IMPORTANT: Quilts are needed for the library. If you can bring one small quilt or medium quilt, please bring to any meeting for Linda Walker and she will take them to be hung. Maximum size can be 6 feet by 7 feet.
- President’s Challenge will be to make soft dolls or animals as well as a doll-sized quilt to be given to boys and girls from one to six years old. Quilts should be 24×24. You may use a pattern of your choice or there will be patterns available for you to use. Please bring these to the December meeting.
- We will have a committee to pursue having a national teacher at the guild. Joanna Pearson, Linda Jones, Linda Walker, and Audrey Bergeron are the members. Please give them any suggestions and ideas. The plan is to employ a local teacher for 2019 and look into a national teacher for 2020.
- The VP’s for 2019 would like ideas and input for workshops and program ideas. They are also looking for Guild members who would like to teach a workshop or give a program on a particular topic. See Linda Walker or Taylor Opel with your input.
- Officers for 2019 were elected. They are: JoAnna Pearson, President; Linda Walker, Vice President for Programs; Taylor Opel, Vice President for Workshops; Pam Brandt, Secretary; Treasurer, Kathryn Shepard; Block of the Month, Vickie Gillespie; and, Members at Large, Monika Vining and Linda Jones.
- Remember to park up the hill in front of the church if possible. The parking outside the Fellowship Hall needs to be reserved for those of our members with mobility issues.
- If you are participating in the Signature Club, the instructions are as follows: you will make an 8 ½ inch block. Background fabric is Kona Snow. You will use an 8 ½ inch square of Kona Snow. Sew two 5” square diagonally across opposing corners (like you are making a snowball block). Only sew the two opposing corners. In the middle section of Kona Snow, write your name, city from, Gala Quilt Guild, 2019/. Make enough for everyone participating to share. These will be due at the February meeting. See Rebecca Chester for more information (like how many blocks you will need to make ).
- Guild Yard Sale brought in $110 to the treasury.
- To raise money for donations to St. Jude, Martha Brandt will be selling small items at December’s meeting.vvvv